Welcome to Cañon Sangha
A non-religious educational organization for the teaching and practice of meditation and mindful living using Buddhist and other educational materials.
Changes due to Coronavirus until further notice:
- Sunday in person meeting 10:30 am to 12:00 noon at the Abbey. You may also join via Zoom quietly after 10:30 am. Masks are optional. Depending upon weather meeting may be indoors or outdoors. See calendar for more information.
- Book Study Groups. Thursday in person group. Friday zoom group.
- All who attend in person must be fully vaccinated or have a medical reason not to be vaccinated.all to be vaccinated UNLESS medical reasons prevent them from doing so. Masks are optional.
- If a person has been exposed to Covid but is asymptomatic they should wear a mask.
- If ill, symptomatic, etc. use zoom for Sangha as Zoom will continue to be an option.
New to the Sangha? Contact Us
Death and Dying group meets on Tuesdays at 3pm. Group will meet for an hour.
Sundays: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Meditation and weekly activity at the Abbey
Three Bells: Begin a 30 minute meditation session at 10:30 am
Single Bell: Concludes the meditation session.
Meditation will begin promptly at the scheduled time. Please maintain a quiet atmosphere in
the meditation room, turn off your electronic devices and remove your shoes before sitting to
meditate. Members are expected to maintain confidentiality regarding shared personal
matters during discussions.
People new to meditation are encouraged to check out the instructions on our meditation page or utilize any of the numerous online resources.
The community encourages participation in the operation of the Sangha. Dana (generosity)
may be offered. During covid-19 we are still paying rent. Please donate what you can,
when you can. All contributions are used to pay rent and other expenses of the Sangha.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in meditation and Buddhist
teachings. Just start coming to our events and you are considered to be a